Maria founded the label in 1999, and has since achieved global recognition for Rodial, which is now available in more than 35 countries worldwide. We caught up with Maria to ask her a few questions about Rodial’s philosophy, the beauty industry and even persuaded her to share a few beauty tips.
1. How do you see the beauty industry evolving over the next 5 years?
I see the beauty industry changing to target specific body areas and skin conditions to develop products that specifically target these needs, rather than products offering a one-solution-fits-all. I also think we will see great advances in the ingredient technology with nerve-manipulating peptides that can do anything from fat melting to wrinkle plumping.
2. What values do you hope to embody through the Rodial brand?
Rodial offers targeted treatments for specific skin concerns using the best ingredient technology. We hope these products encourage our customers to combine these products with exercise and the right diet to look their best.
3. How important is it for you to use natural ingredients in all of your products?
Our priority is to use ingredients that give you results; at times the best ingredients are created in a lab but we steer clear of harsh chemicals and our product bases and fragrances are one of the most natural within the high-tech category.
4. You share your beauty tips and secrets with women all over the world, but what is the one beauty item YOU can’t live without?
Glamoxy Snake Serum is my must-have beauty product. I use it every day as a primer and to touch up before an evening out. It gives me a healthy glow and plumps up skin like nothing else!
5. What is your worst beauty habit?
Being lazy at times when applying self tan and not exfoliating beforehand – you can’t get away with that, even if you are an expert!
6. If you could spend the day doing anything, what would you do?
I love spending time in the Cotswolds with my family and friends playing tennis, followed by a full body massage and an evening spent catching up on my favourite TV shows while flicking through the latest issue of Vogue.